Sandra is a health and wellbeing consultant with over 30 years experience of creating and delivering local, regional and national innovative and sustainable programmes, campaigns and events to support the health and mental wellbeing of people from minority ethnic communities, particularly those from Africa and the Caribbean.
She has worked as a consultant in partnership with The NHS, mental health charities and a wide variety of third sector organisations and stakeholders to review and develop strategies and policies, undertake research and design and deliver training and engagement programmes to enhance their capacity to achieve their goals and improve health outcomes.
In 2010 Sandra founded Red Earth Consultants Limited a public health consultancy which facilitates social change and promotes dialogue to improve the mental wellbeing of marginalised and racialised communities in the UK.
Over the last five years Sandra has worked across the UK as a consultant and co-coordinator for Time to Change a national campaign tackling mental health stigma.
Mental health programmes involvement:
- National BME Co-ordinator, Time to Change – National
- Service Director for Mellow Campaign – East London
- Development Consultant, SAFOA, National African and Caribbean Mental Health Network
- Director & Development Manager, Fanon Trust Ltd – London
- Event Director for Stereohype mental health Festival Programme – National